Saturday, August 26, 2017


Have you ever read a super long book that you just didn't like?  I have.  My second reading book was Cover Her Face by P.D. James. It was a classic mystery and the start of the famous Adam Dalgliesh series. I found it slightly boring. It was mainly about the murder of Sally Jupp, a maid at Martingale, an estate in England.  I liked some of the backstories, like how Sally Jupp had an infant son.



I forgot the exact reason why I chose this book; I think my mother gave it to me. My brother also read the book, too and he was bored as well. The book just felt all-around forgettable. I may try to read it again one day and see if it holds my interest more.  If you like mysteries and think you might want to give it a try, I'd love to hear if you liked it.  If you did, what did you like about it?  You can find out more about the Adam Dalgliesh series at https://www.goodreads.com/series/40353-adam-dalgliesh.

No comments:

Post a Comment